When the internet began to take off in the 1990s, businesses were wary of it. But now they should get on board or be left behind as competition is fierce and you can’t stay afloat without an online presence! In the modern world, it is impossible to do business without a site.
Purpose of website is to provide an interactive window into your company for potential customers to explore. And in 2021, having a site will be even more important as retail shifts online and “showrooming” becomes commonplace (when consumers browse in-store but buy online). In this blog post, I’ll outline 11 reasons why you need a site to do business in 2021 and beyond, along with tips on how you might go about building a powerful website for your business.
1. The first reason you need a website is to build your brand. It is like a business card for your company. The site is an extension of the company and it’s reputation, so design it well with a good theme reflecting what you want to represent.
It’s important to have a site that reflects who you are, in order to nurture your personal brand and attract customers that match. For example if the site is too corporate it can deter more casual customers who want an individual or artisanal experience. You want your site to be memorable so it can reach out to people and get them interested in what you have to offer. A good design will do the talking for you, first impressions are everything!
2. The second reason you need a website is that it’s easy for customers to find you online. A website is a crucial part of any business because it’s the first impression for customers, so you want to make sure that they can find what they are looking for. We live in an age where more people use search engines like Google and Bing than ever before, and it is imperative that your site ranks high on the list so it can be found.
3. A website is your chance to show off your goods and services, establish credibility and trustworthiness with potential customers by showing them what you have to offer, and make sure that they trust what you are going to do for them. If someone doesn’t like the site or it looks very plain, then chances are they won’t buy anything from it either because there’s no sense of security or professionalism in their mind. In fact, it’s the #1 factor when customers choose their preferred product or service.
4. A SEO optimized site is an easy way to get more customers and make sales. You may not realize this but when someone searches on Google, they are looking for something specific – and if they don’t find what they want on the first page of search results, then chances are they will move on to another site.
5. Your website can be a central hub for your business, with all the information about your company in one place. This includes your company history, a list of the services you provide, and contact information.
6. A website helps people learn more about who you are as an individual and what your company has accomplished. It’s a chance to tell your story and share what you stand for.
7. You’re able to add new content whenever you want – so if there’s an event happening soon or changes in prices and you want to let your customers know, it’s as easy as updating an Excel file
8. Sites are a great place to store information about products and services that you offer. You can provide an interactive experience for visitors, allowing them to explore different facets of your products and services with the click of a mouse or press of a button
9. A website also offers email marketing opportunities. It’s also possible to have people sign up for mailing lists that will help you later on with email marketing.
10. Blogging gives you the opportunity to show off your expertise on a topic you know well and can help generate new leads. An informative blog post on your website about something related to your industry will position you as an authority in the space.
11. In the year 2021, we are much more connected because of social media networks. Social Media Marketing is the most important factor for business owners in 2021, as it will help them build a following. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram allow you to reach potential clients directly without paying for ads. Your website is where they go when they visit after consuming content.
Now that you’ve been convinced about the importance of having a website, let’s start by building one. But before that, one important decision you have to make is whether you want to build your site on your own or outsource the work. The answer to this question depends on whether you have more time than money or vice versa.
Ideally, you should hire a professional to do the website for you.
Click here to know why outsourcing website development will help you create a solid foundation for your business!
If that’s not an option, then it might be worth looking into a DIY site builder like Wix or SquareSpace. The need for a website is not primarily to make your company look fancy. It’s because people want information, and they will go to search engines or social media channels to get it. So if you are tight on money and can’t afford a professional, try a page builder site such as Squarespace or Wix. Affordable and user-friendly, they offer great value for money.
Creating a customer-centric site that showcases what your company offers will have one big impact: increased sales. A well-designed site will give customers everything they need to feel confident in their purchase decisions, all the while reflecting the individual personality of your business. Below are the most important points to consider in building what makes a good website
- Don’t skimp on the design. Good aesthetics can make all the difference to people who are new to your site, and it sets you apart from faceless competitors. Tackle the look by using a professional designer or getting outside-the-box with something more personal like your own photography, illustrations, handwritten text or nostalgic throwback designs.
- Find a domain name related to your business. It should be as short as possible, preferably .com extension and related to your line of business. There’s no point having good sounding domain name if it doesn’t have anything to do with your company.
Click here to know more how to choose a domain name
- The next steps towards building your website is to decide on the hosting service for your site. You should research hosting services to determine which one best suits your needs. Avoid cheaper hosts as they may have a negative impact on how quickly and smoothly content loads and can compromise security or quality of customer support.In my opinion, Siteground, Cloudways, and Kinsta are the best hosting services to choose for your website. They are fast, reliable, and have the best customer support.
- Next step depends on whether your are going to build the site yourself or with help from someone who’s experienced? When it comes to building a website, I would recommend outsourcing. You can find free tutorials online to get you started if you want the DIY process; however, it is an extensive process and takes time for research as well as execution.
- Site security: A website that does not use SSL is a site that offers no protection to your data. Google does not recommend an unprotected site and neither should you. Let a reputable hosting provider give you some peace of mind with the addition of an SSL certificate at no cost for any blog or business sites.
- Once your site is build and secured. Next step is to make sure it is SEO optimized. There are a lot of free tools and tutorials available to help you get started with this. I would recommend a few hours of research to get you started. The process is not an easy one, but it will be worth the time and effort for your business. SEO requires dedication, but the benefits are worth it. It takes time to reap the rewards of SEO, but in most cases, you see a huge return on investment.
- One of the mistakes many people make when building a website is neglecting to collect visitor email addresses. Your list of subscribers is one of your most valuable assets. It is important to collect as many email ids as possible, especially since it’s free and easy to do so.
- Blogging: Blogs offer more opportunities for engagement with prospective customers, as well as Google search engine optimization benefits that are hard to beat. It is the perfect way to help people understand what you stand for.
Your website is your most powerful marketing tool. It’s how you’ll establish credibility and trustworthiness, create a brand presence in the minds of potential customers, make it easy for people to find out more about what you do, share information with them, so they can learn more from all angles before making a purchase decision — even generate new leads and connect with existing ones through email marketing campaigns.
Whether you’re just starting out or have been working hard on this part of your business but not seeing results yet, we want to help! Book one of our experts for an initial call today where they will walk you through the process of building a powerful website that will grow your business exponentially over time.
How to create a website for my business?
You can either build your website online or hire an expert. SquareSpace is a good place to start if planning to do it yourself. Looking for professional, book a call with us, and we will guide through the entire process.
Do I really need a website for my business I am a small business owner and it is running quite successfully offline. How can a website help it further?
To put it bluntly, you are missing out on a lot of business by not having a website. If you have an internet presence then someone in some country with access to the same page is already working towards your clients’ satisfaction. In 2021, going without any form of online presence is like committing suicide for a business.
Is it possible to start a website without having any registered business?
Yes, you don’t any registration or permission
Do I need a business website if I have an Instagram and Facebook page?
Yes, a website for your business is absolutely essential if you want to stay in contact with potential and previous clients. If you also use Instagram or Facebook as marketing tools, you can direct visitors to your website from there.
Why does my business need a blog on the website?
A blog is a great way to keep your website current and updated with new information. It’s also an opportunity for you to show off your expertise in the field or discuss industry topics of interest. In addition, blogs are popular ways to generate leads – by providing content that customers need as well as want!